THE devastated mum of a teenage Israeli soldier killed by Hamas broke down in tears over her coffin.
Israeli troops discovered the body of Corporal Noa Marciano, 19, near al-Shifa hospital more than a month after she was kidnapped during the October 7 massacre.
Israel has vowed to wipe out Hamas after hundreds were killed and kidnapped during the October 7 attack – with Palestinian civilians left fleeing for their lives as Israel attempts to destroy Hamas.
Noa was one of dozens hauled back over the border to Gaza after Hamas terrorists stormed over the border.
She was serving in the Nahal Oz base when it was overrun by militants.
Hamas released footage of the teen soldier speaking to the camera four days after she was taken hostage.
She identified herself and confirmed she was being held captive in the besieged Palestinian enclave of Gaza before it cut to vile images of what the terrorists claimed was Noa’s dead body.
On Friday, the IDF confirmed Noa’s body had been discovered at a “structure adjacent to” al-Shifa hospital.
Heartbreaking pictures show her mum Adi sobbing over her beloved daughter’s coffin as she was laid to rest today in Modiin.
A huge crowd filled the streets as Noa’s coffin, with the Israel flag draped over it, was carried by soldiers.
Fellow military personnel were seen in tears as Noa’s dad Avi tried to comfort his wife.
A solemn image shows Adi, wearing a white T-shirt with her daughter’s photo on’ standing over her grave with her husband.
It comes after Yehudit Weiss – who the IDF says was taken from her home in Be’eri – was found dead in a structure next to the hospital.
The 65-year-old had been identified by forensic examiners and the family has been informed.
The Israeli military also claimed rifles and rocket-propelled grenades were found in the building.
The IDF said: “The national task before our eyes is to locate the missing and return the abducted persons home.
“The IDF is operating alongside and in full coordination with the relevant national and security institutions in order to pursue these tasks.
“We will not cease from the mission until it will be completed.”
The mum-of-five was abducted from Kibbutz Be’eri on October 7.
Her husband, Shmulik Weiss, was found murdered in the safe room of their home.
Dozens of victims were kidnapped by Hamas during the horror October 7 massacre – and haven’t been heard from since.
But there is now fresh hope for the captives as Israeli soldiers say they have found photographic evidence of them at al-Shifa hospital.
Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan Conricus told The BBC during a tour of the facility: “We uncovered a lot of computers and other equipment which could really shed light on the current situation, hopefully regarding hostages as well.”
He said the devices were found alongside a number of military books and pamphlets the IDF believe suggest Hamas terrorists were there “within the last few days”.
Lt Col Conricus said a map was also found that appeared to mark entry and exit routes from the hospital.
Israel has claimed the hospital is the “beating heart” of Hamas, and this week launched a raid to hunt down terrorists using it as cover.
IDF footage showed troops taking in humanitarian as thousands of patients, doctors and displaced Palestinians have been trapped inside the besieged complex for weeks.
The IDF also claimed that it had successfully provided incubators, baby food and medical supplies to the hospital.
Israel said what is called a “precise and targeted” raid inside al Shifa is a “military necessity” to root out Hamas.
It comes as families living in Gaza have been caught in the brutal crossfire, with regular accusations that the terrorists are attempting to use them as “human shields”.
Much of the northern part of the strip has been turned into a devastated warzone – with ruined buildings, dwindling supplies and horrific suffering for Gaza’s people.
The Red Cross estimates that some 1.5million civilians have been forced to flee south amid the Israeli onslaught from land, air and sea.
Figures for the death toll remain unverified – but Hamas’ health officials claim more than 11,000 civilians, including more than 4,500 children have been killed.
Israel disputes these figures – and US President Joe Biden said he had “no confidence” in them.
But Benjamin Netanyahu admitted Israel has “not been successful” in reducing civilian casualties.
He said the deaths, however, must be blamed on Hamas – not Israel.
And as the horror continues there have been growing calls for a humanitarian ceasefire to stop the bloodshed.
Credit Gist New Today News in Newspaper Nigeria Headlines