The Defence Headquarters on Friday ordered the bandits and criminal elements terrorising the country to either surrender to the troops or risk destruction.
The DHQ said the troops would not stop applying strong pressure on the terrorists as it had currently done in the various theaters of operations.
This was contained in a statement by the Director of Defence Media Operation, Maj. Gen. Buba Edward; a copy of which was obtained by Saturday PUNCH.
It partly read, “The armed forces will continue to apply strong military pressure such as has been witnessed in the week. The terrorist and their cohorts would continue to suffer heavy casualties. It is in their interest to surrender as being done in the NE of the country to avoid eventual destruction.”
Buba noted that in the last week, no fewer than 50 terrorists were killed while 122 were arrested.
He said, “The operations of the last one week, resulted in 50 neutralized terrorists with 122 of them arrested. Troops also arrested 49 perpetrators of oil theft and rescued 182 kidnapped hostages. “
He also said N128m worth of crude products were recovered from oil thieves in the South-South region.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
Credit Gist New Today News in Newspaper Nigeria Headlines